Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back to school, after interminable closures due to the heavy snow falls. (what's school? who's my teacher? who are my students? what am I teaching them?) I can not fathom WHY we had so many days off. The emergency preparedness folks really fell down on this job. Makes one worried about our readiness for a more substantial emergency. But it was great hangin' in the Village. We had game nites, extra pot lucks, snow shoe and X country trailing and lotsa community building exercises in snow removal. Nary a squabble over parking spots, as I have heard is common in the big city, where you have to leave out your aluminum chair to preserve your spot. And then there were the mysterious flying saucers...they arrived on my front porch from an unknown source, addressed to my late husband. No clues. But they flew down the slick water retention facility sides without injury, with ease and wonderment. Thanks Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment